Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Scale Tales - Week Nine

This week, I lost .5 lbs for a total loss to date of 6 lbs.

The scale didn't show it, but I did have a big milestone this week. On Saturday, I did 40 minutes on the eliptical machine - 3.72 miles and 368 calories burned! We were staying at a hotel so I used their fitness center, which had shiny new machines. I think the change of scenery helped a lot.

I really want to lose 9 lbs in the next 5 weeks. I don't know if it will be possible, but I am going to really kick it up a notch this week to try and make that happen.

I didn't get around to tracking my progress on SparkPeople last week, but I've already logged everything I've eaten today. It is amazing how much you learn about your diet when you write everything down. Not just how many calories you are consuming, but how much sodium, protein, and carbs are in your diet. I definitely have room for improvement!

My calorie intake goal for this week is 1,300 - 1,400 calories a day. I ate just over 1,300 today.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Yes, no matter what any diet "guru" says, it is not about fat or carbs or trans fat or anything like that. Losing weight is ALWAYS about calories.