Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Scale Tales - Week Twelve & Week Thirteen - The GUSTAV Diet!!

Sorry for the lack of posts, but we were nearly swept away by Hurricane Gustav! Fortunately for me, I have lost another 4 lbs over the last two weeks for a total lost to date of....

13.5 lbs!

I was worried that the hurricane would throw me off track, because I couldn't use the gym (no power), and I was working a minimum of 12-hour days at the parish emergency operations center (EOC). When I wasn't working, I was busy moving things and cleaning up, so I probably did get some exercise in.

I also found that I wasn't eating as much during the hurricane because no restaurants were open and we had no power. For about a week, I ate one good meal every day (dinner) at the EOC, and a light breakfast and light lunch.

My goal is to get back to the gym either tonight (if I'm not working late) or tomorrow morning. I still have 1.5 lbs to go before the wedding in 11 days. I really think I can do it!! I believe!!

Thanks to all for your prayers for us during the hurricane. I must say that my first hurricane was by NO MEANS uneventful. For where I live, it was the worst devastation that this area (especially Baton Rouge) had ever seen. There are still countless homes without power after 8 days. I feel very fortunate that our power came back on Sunday. I have a new sense of appreciation for the little things in life, like air conditioning, grocery stores, gas stations, and traffic lights. I am so blessed that my home was not severely damaged. All I lost was some junk in my shed which probably needed to be pitched anyway (although it DID pain me to throw away an entire storage tub of Mardi Gras beads). My office mate at work lost her house when a tree fell through the living room. My other co-worker still is without power. Please keep the prayers coming for those who were not as fortunate as us. Love to all!

1 comment:

Mom said...

You made it through the storm in flying colors!!! Love you!!!